HISTORY OF HARLEY DAVIDSON


|1900-09|1910-19|1920-29|1930-39|1940-49|1950-59|1960-69|1970-79|1980-89|1990-99|2000-09|2010-19|

 

1990-1999

The popularity of Harley-Davidson continues to grow during his 90 years
1990 - presentation of the latest model of the firm, told The FLSTF "Fat Boy".
This first version comes in a silver-gray livery called "gray ghost" dotted with a few
yellow keys on the supports of rocker arms, the ignition cover, trapping clutch.


FAT BOY 1990

1991 - a new range of motorcycles was born when Harley-Davidson launches new framework called "Dyna"
This model, Called FXDB is unveiled at the fiftieth anniversary of the concentration of Sturgis (South Dakota).


"Dyna Glide Sturgis" 1991

- The Sportster, the image of Big Twin, it adopts a 5-speed gearbox and adopts a secondary transmission belt.

1992 - It is the turn of the Daytona rally celebrated its fiftieth anniversary,
new limited edition Harley with the Dyna Glide Daytona

1993 to 90 th anniverssaire Harley Davidson with a limited production of so-called "90th Anniversary"
and Model Softail Heritage Nostalgia called "cow glide" in the U.S. or "Norman cow" in France.


Softail Heritage Nostalgia 1993

1994 - After putting a parenthesis participation in motorcycle races, Harley is back with the presentation of the
VR 1000, built only for racing, with twins at 60 °

liquid cooling (the premise Revolution?), equipped with dual overhead camshafts per cylinder head. (200 ex. for approval)


VR 1000

That same year the firm tries without sucking, to patent the sound of his big-twin
Harley-Davidson buys 49% stake in Buell Motorcycle Company of which makes the plant since 1983
East Troy the only American sport bike powered by engines and 1200cc sportster 1000




1995 - Adoption of electronic fuel injection (Magneti Marelli brand) which is primarily imposed
by anti-pollution standards, more and more draconian in the U.S. and Europe.
Release of two new models, the tourer FLHR Roadking (Electra A "light") and Bad Boy Springer FXSTSB.
For the first time in its history, the production of the year sold over 100,000 copies.


FLHR and FXSTSB (bottom)


1996 - Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Sport unveils, for the first time with a fork
and adjustable shock absorbers of Showa mark, it has also a double front disc.


Sporster 1200S 1996

1997-Out of the Heritage Springer Softail that pays tribute to Knuckleheads and Panhead 1948.
It comes standard with saddlebags with fringes and the antique fire back says "Tombstone"

- New plant in Kansas City with an area of ??30,000 m2 produces its first Sportster.


Softail FLSTS 1997


1998 - The Company takes advantage of his 95th birthday to unveil its new V-Twin: The Twin Cam 88 below.
a cylinder capacity of 1450cc with twin cam, it is considered more powerful and more reliable than the Evolution.
Designed for fuel injection, it vibrates less and has better low-speed cyclic regularity.
First installed on Touring and Dyna (vintage 1999) and in B on Softails.




- Williy G. Davidson gives rise to the Night Train, sort of based Bad Boy softail.

HD now holds 98% share of Erik Buell, leaving 2% to lead the design and design.


FXSTB "night train"


1999 - Senior FX and FL in turn receive the new Twin Cam or "Fathead"


FLTRI "Road Glide" 1999

1980-1989      Haut       2000-2009

Design by Bloom